I didn’t manage to do it with natural light, but here’s a picture of the first of the baby camel/silk tussah top singles:
I tried to get it from a couple angles as it’s sort of shiny and the flash does funny things. I also wanted to get a shot to compare the lighter bottom whorl from Pixel with my top whorl from Cate. The bottom whorl has a longer shaft, so I’ll have to remember to try to spread the singles out up the shaft so it doesn’t get too “bottom heavy”. I also managed to get two shots of what I assume are the makers mark on my top whorl.. I don’t recognize it, though, and keep forgetting to ask Cate who made it! Oh, and I believe Pixel did the carving on the bottom whorl, which is really quite lovely.
I’m still trying to figure out the best way to draw this stuff. The silk seems to want a long draw, but then I end up with unevenness in the yarn, so I’ve been working with a shorter draw, but then I get occassional clumps where I draw a bit too much. There’s lots of this, though, so I imagine by the end of it all I’ll have figured it out. I’m also giving this quite a bit of twist; I don’t know how much crimp camel has, but I know the silk has none and I don’t want the yarn to fall apart when I try to ply it.
And the progress to date on the Peek a boo sleeve:
The sleeves are going much quicker than the front/back, which is very nice. This is getting set aside for the moment, though, because these:
.. have an earlier deadline. It was really difficult to get a picture that showed any of the clock detail. I’ll have to try with natural light and no flash to see if that makes it better, but by the time I managed to get time to take a picture in natural light, I suspect at least one of these will be finished. I’d be a little farther if I hadn’t had to rip back through three of the calf decreases because I didn’t read far enough in the directions and didn’t start the clock where it should have been the first time. Even so, this is going pretty quick, even on US 2s.