I finished the first of the father socks…
This is a good and fine thing. Assuming that my gauge with this yarn has now stabilized. Because in examining the son pair, I discovered that my gauge was apparently noticeably tighter for the second sock..
Fortunately, I will have enough of this yarn left after finishing the second father sock to make another son sock if I decide that the difference is too noticeable to give the pair as a gift. It’s not really noticeable unless you have them one on top of the other, specifically with the smaller one on top and then you notice that it’s about half an inch shorter and about a quarter inch narrower. *sigh*
This may be due to the issues I
was am having with the Tied Up Tee. I’ve decided, however, to proceed with completing the front (I’m working on the shoulders and should finish the front tonight) and then blocking it, and possibly washing it, to see how it wears. I *think* I have enough of the yarn that if I decide after blocking/washing, I need to remake the front to different specs, I’ll have enough. Maybe.
But I’m remaining optimistic that remaking the front won’t be necessary because that would put me rather farther behind on the holiday knitting and I’ve been doing so well on that so far that it’d be a shame to tarnish such a good year.
I also got buttons for Breezy Cables, but I think I’ll block it first. I’m trying to decide if I want to actually block it or just throw it in the wash (it’s washable wool) so I can see how it will wash before I give it to the recipient. I’m alternatively afraid that washing it will stretch it out *a lot* and that it will shrink it (wool in the washing machine.. *shudder*), and I’m even moderately concerned that washing it will have no effect at all because I do want it to stretch out *a smidge*.
*sigh* One of these days I’ll be a really good knitter.