- Go to a week long institute where you’re expected to spend all day in a computer lab listening to people lecture on things you actually are rather interested in.
- Realize that knitting will allow you to stay conscious and attentive.
- Start socks (small, unobtrusive, mindless).
- Finish first sock on first day.
- Finish second sock on second day.
- Plan to start third sock, this one out of smaller, arguably softer, yarn on much smaller needles, on third day and hope these take two days per sock.
- Contemplate other options just in case.
Option 1: Start Rogue sleeves.
Option 2: Consider if the Candle Flame wrap pattern is sufficiently imbedded in the subconscious to be considered “mindless”.